Saturday, May 23, 2009

My print copy of Swords & Wizardry White Box has arrived!


Wow.  I am far more impressed than I thought I'd be.  First of all, before I ever got my hands on the actual book I was impressed by how Lulu packaged it up.  The book arrived in mint condition.  
I've never seen such care put into securing a book inside of a shipping box before.  The book was packed inside of a foam "slipcase" shrink wrapped to a sheet of cardboard cut to the size of the box's inside area.  There was no way it was going to rattle around inside getting the corners all beat up as happens far too often.  This heartens me as someone who has a PDF up on Lulu and plans on eventually offering a print product through them.

Now, for White Box itself.  The quality jumped right out at me.  The cover is very glossy which really helps project the cover art.  Visually it is very impressive inside and out.  The printed page is very clear with high contrast.  How about the content?

I skimmed through the White Box PDF but that's about it.  Nothing yelled, "Run me!  Run me!"  But now, as soon as I'm done writing this I'm going to run it and may even switch my current S&W Core game over to White Box.

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the quality of the packaging for Lulu shipments. Top class.

    ReplyDelete