Thanks, Rob. And I hear ya. I almost didn't pick the game up because it wasn't going to see PDF. But with the Fighting Fantasy line being my first exposure to role playing, temptation ran high. An Amazon gift card tickled that temptation till I could wait no more.
Last night we ran our usual test scenario and it was one of the most memorable instances of playing it. And it wasn't even nostalgia talking. My wife who has never touched a Fighting Fantasy book first made that comment. A writeup of the mini-session is in the works. I better hurry up because today I'm going to see if I can find Out of the Pit locally.
I like the character sheet. Now only if Myth-Weavers could put together a sheet like this...(Unfortunately, they go in what is in demand and who on their team knows what system. It's taken them over a year and change to get a Pathfinder sheet done.)
Since it was first announced , a lot of work has gone into the Amplitude Engine. We hit a point where the thing needed a character sheet to help others quickly grasp the game. So, here it is!
Last night I ran the most excellent Mouse Guard hack called Realm Guard and it was incredible. There was only one player so she was running both a recruit and the recruit's mentor. There was also a captain character that both of us played when required. So much ground was covered and so much story told in such a short amount of time (about 2.5 hours) that it was stunning. Here's the ground that we covered: Recruit Gayle is on a simple mission to deliver a sealed letter to a hermit who is known for his eclectic wisdom. It was part of her endeavor to prove herself to the guard. A pathfinder roll is unexpectedly failed so a twist is introduced. A bandit ambushes the recruit within sight of the hermit's abode and demands her cloak. As well as some loot the bandit is out for blood while the recruit simply wants to drive him off. With the stakes set we enter into a conflict. The recruit successfully drives off the bandit (losing only 1 die from her disposition) and immed...
Very nice indeed. I'm conflicted about whether or not to get the game--the lack of a PDF is an issue here, alas.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rob. And I hear ya. I almost didn't pick the game up because it wasn't going to see PDF. But with the Fighting Fantasy line being my first exposure to role playing, temptation ran high. An Amazon gift card tickled that temptation till I could wait no more.
ReplyDeleteLast night we ran our usual test scenario and it was one of the most memorable instances of playing it. And it wasn't even nostalgia talking. My wife who has never touched a Fighting Fantasy book first made that comment. A writeup of the mini-session is in the works. I better hurry up because today I'm going to see if I can find Out of the Pit locally.
I like the character sheet. Now only if Myth-Weavers could put together a sheet like this...(Unfortunately, they go in what is in demand and who on their team knows what system. It's taken them over a year and change to get a Pathfinder sheet done.)
ReplyDeleteThanks, ZoeKitten84. I'd love to see more support for AFF out there.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your character sheet! They're easy to read. I absolutely love Fighting Fantasy.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteam how do you print it I dont know how
ReplyDelete